Sunday, June 24, 2012

Alaska Cruise - Ketchikan 06-22-2012


I thought Sitka is a small city and I did not realize Ketchikan is smaller.

The city of Ketchikan was established in 1887 when a salmon cannery was built at the mouth of Ketchikan Creek.

We took a stroll in the Creek Street Historic District, Alaska’s most notorious red-light district from 1902 to 1954.  The zigzagging boardwalk on pilings above Ketchikan Creek supported at least 30 “red-light business houses” at its height.  We passed by Dolly’s House where Madam Dolly Copeland Arther lived from 1919 to 1970.

Ketchikan was our last stop in Alaska.  Alaska is a very beautiful place!  

 Good bye Alaska; and I WILL BE BACK!



















1 comment:

  1. I difinetly love Alaska. I love all your picktures. Glad you had a wonderful cruse. I really hope I take the same trip some time soon.

    ReplyDelete