Thursday, September 27, 2012

Saipan 09-27-2012

In the morning, my friend and I went to check the homeless dog that we found yesterday.  The dog was gone.  We found that the dog ate all the food we left him yesterday.  We were happy that the dog ate the food and got strength to walk away.  We left more water for him before we were heading to the airport.

On the way to airport, we passed hospital, museum, and many houses. There is one thing in common, no sign!  There are no sign for the hospital or museum.  The are no street number or street name in front of the houses.   But locals will know that house is uncle John's house.
Asking a direction in Saipan will be even more interesting experience.  My friend, Laura, told me that she often asked locals directions. The local person would provide the direction like - turn right on the 3rd house after uncle John's house, then drive 1 minute turn left, then turn left on uncle Tim's house, ...   Uhm, who are uncle John and uncle Tim?

I was so relieved after I returned the rental car in the airport.  No more uncle John or uncle Tim!

Goodbye Saipan!  I will ... be back.

 













No comments:

Post a Comment