Sunday, October 25, 2015

Taiwan - Taipei 2015-10-25

Hello Taiwan!!

EVA air BR25 took off from Seattle at 1:50 am,  after 12 hours and 30 minutes of flying, we landed at Taoyuan Airport at 5:40 am.  Hello Taiwan!!

In the airport, I went and got sim card from Chungwa Telecom.  30 day unlimited data and some airtime, it costs around $33.  However, when I was waiting to get my sim card, I noticed one interesting thing.  According to its rate, it is cheaper to call U.S. then to call Taiwan Local.

Next, I got a smart card in Taiwan called EasyCard.  EasyCard allows me to conveniently ride the Taipei MRT or Bus systems without the need to constantly grab change out of my pocket. 7-11, Family Mart, and other convenience stores and supermarkets also accept the Easycard for payment.  EasyCard also allows me to rent YouBike in Taipei.

I went out in the afternoon to explore around the area.  Took bus to YuanShan MRT station.  There were many people and  exhibits.

Hot spring is tradition my first day have to visit place.  In the evening, I went with my friend to Jiaoxi Hot Spring to end of my first day in Taiwan.













No comments:

Post a Comment