Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Taiwan - Taipei 2015-10-27

High School Classmates little gathering day

Let go to get our hair washed!  Morning, a high school classmate called me and asked me whether I wanted to get my hair washed.  It is very common in Taiwan to go to a hair spa to get hair washed and head/shoulder massaged.  Minutes later, we went to a hair spa to experience  it.

Before the girl wash my hair, she gave me head and shoulder massage service.  The girl is very young and skinning, but boy, she got the strength!!  She used two different essential oils to massage my head, then used other essential oil to massage my shoulder.  Finally, she did
a popular treatment for sunstroke (刮痧) by scraping the my neck and shoulder.
Very interesting experience.

Let me wash your hair by using two different shampoo.  What???  Never use two shampoo to wash my hair, I use all-in-one to wash my hair all the time.

45 minutes later, my hair was clean.  ( My hair was Not dirty to start with!!!)

After the hair spa, my friend took me to continue experience Taipei ladies' life.  We went to a little "French" style restaurant to have a "simple and quick" lunch.  We ended up to have a 5 course meal.  I could not finish it.  A "simple and quick" took us almost two hours. 

Now we were officially late to meet another classmate for afternoon tea!  We rushed to get there by bus and taxi! 

The afternoon place was in Breeze Center (微風百貨), one of Taipei's swankiest malls.  The mall is nine stories and includes most of the high fashion name brands ubiquitous in Taipei.

Three hours later, we rushed again to meet couple more classmates for dinner.  Now I know, Taipei ladies' life is rush, sit, eat/drink/shop, rush, sit, eat/drink/shop ...

By the way, the dinner place is next a famous landmark- leaning mailboxes (歪歪郵桶).  Typhoon Soudelor caused falling billboards, falling trees, and leaning mailboxes in August 2015.

It was a very busy day!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment