Friday, September 16, 2011

Taiwan 09-16-2011

After 12 hours of non-stop flying, I arrived in Taiwan at 5:15 AM.  With the fast custom process, I was out of airport and on the taxi heading to my friend’s house at 5:45.  I had ever experienced such fast custom process.  30 minutes from my seat in the airplane to a taxi including the time passing through the custom and waiting for my two luggage.  Amazing!

After meeting my friends, we went to Tamsui (淡水).

Tamsui is a sea-side district in New Taipei City in northern Taiwan. It is named after the Tamsui River; the name means "fresh water".  Tamsui is home of two universities, Aletheia University ( 真理大學), and Tamkang University (淡江大學).

Tamsui has beautiful sunset and night markets.  Many locals and visitors gathered together around the Tamsui River for viewing the sunset. The sunset was truly amazing beautiful.

The night market is also a popular location for locals and tours.  They are many food stands and interesting stores. 

Good friends, tasty food, wonderful view of sunset, and very interesting store will be in my memory of Tamsui for a long time.













1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying the pictures and your travel logs already. JRH

    ReplyDelete