Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Taiwan—Kaohsiung 2016-10-11

There was no rain in the weather forecast today.  I checked the website of Zhouzi Wetland Park (洲仔濕地) during breakfast.  It said, the park is open Tuesday through Saturday. Great!  Here, I come.

I took the subway and walked about 20 minutes to the park. In Taiwan, side walk is not necessary used for walk.  It can be used for parking, doing business, storage, etc.  By the way, I cannot stop taking picture of dog riding with its owner.






After 20 minutes walk, I finally reached the park.  Great.  I am a happy camper.  Right?  A piece of paper was hanged on the door said, closed today and sorry for the inconvenience. Huh??!!  I walked around and I found a bridge that gave me a wonderful view of the park.  I saw the birds jumped from tree to tree or sat on the branch.









Since the Zhouzi Wetland Park was closed, I decided to go another wetland park, Jhoungdou Wetlands Park (中都濕地).

I checked the website for direction of Jhoungdou Wetlands Park.  The Park is far away from the subway station.  In order to reach the Park, I either have to take a bus or walk after taking the subway.  After I exited the subway station, I found the bus that I need to take to the Park.  However, the bus schedule said that I need to wait for another 25 minutes.  I decided to take 20 minuted walk to the Park.

Jhoungdou Wetlands Park is covering an area of ​​12.6 hectares, and is one of the major construction projects planned by the Kaohsiung City government.  The Park is located in the highly-developed city with heavy traffic and dense population in Kaohsiung. 

The purposes of Jhongdou Wetlands Park are reestablishing wetland plants, restoring littoral forests, and repairing the city's environmental system.  Also, the Park provides the functions of ecological education, bio-diversity conservation, homeland protection, flood control, and leisure.








On the way back to the subway station, I decided to take a detour to Kaohsiung Art Museum (高雄美術館). 




The Museum occupies about 40 hectares included the area such as entrance plaza, sculpture park, and ecology park.













Finally, I headed to the subway station.  There is another park, Aozidi forest Park (凹子底森林公園), on my way from the Museum to the subway station.  

Aozidi Forest Park covers 10 hectares.  There are walking tracks and cycling paths in the park. The park is also home to wetlands and ponds for providing the functions of water purification, flood protection, lowering temperatures, and regulating the climate.









No comments:

Post a Comment