Thursday, October 13, 2016

Taiwan—Kaohsiung Taipei 2016-10-13

I got up early this morning because I want to catch 8:00 train from Kaohsiung to Taipei.

There are different types of trains, local commuter trains, conventional trains, rapid trains, and high speed trains, as well as specialized for tourists trains.

I always want to take a train ride.  Thus, I chose rapid train brcause it gave me more time to enjoy the scenery of Taiwan.




Bento box on a train ride Is a must.  When I was little, we had a bento box everytime we took a train ride. With three bento boxes to choose from, we can choose chicken, pork, or vegetarian options.  Most of the time, the vegetarian ones were sold out first.  I was lucky to get the vegetarian one.



Let me introduce you Mr. OhBear.  Mr. OhBear is the Taiwan Tourism mascot.  You can see him on the train all the time. And he is quite busy because he needs to take care everyone.




After 4 hours and 50 minutes of the ride, I arrived at Taipei Main Station.  Taipei Main Station is home for Taipei Metro Subway, Taiwan Railroad, Taiwan High Speed Rail, and Local Buses.  

I want to specially mention Taipei Underground Mall.  The underground mall is about 825 meters in length, and it divided into 4 sections, fashion, sundries, electronics, and food.  The Underground mall also has a stage for artists to perform, and a place for art exhibition.











No comments:

Post a Comment