Sunday, October 23, 2016

Taiwan—Taipei 2016-10-24

I am slowing down my visit in Taiwan.  Basically, my plan for the remaining of my visit is to meet my friends everyday. Today, I was from one tea house to another with my friends.  

Taiwan has many different kinds of tea houses.  Some of them were tea restaurants, some of them were just drinking teas.

My friend, her family members, her friend, and I went to a tea restaurant at Maokong (貓空) for lunch today. 

The literal translation of Maokong is cat empty, or no cat. Maokong is actually the Madarinization of the original Taiwanese word, which referred to the topography.

Maokong used to be the largest tea growing area of ​​Taipei. There are many footpaths which have been used to transport tea. Now, it is a popular place for tea and viewing the city of Taipei.

Maokong has many tea restaurants.  We went in a tea restaurant and had a lunch.  


After we had lunch at Maokong, we came back to Taipei. Then, we went to a tea house which my friend is a tea master of the tea house.  We learned and tasted many different kinds of teas.





No comments:

Post a Comment