Sunday, October 23, 2016

Taiwan—Taipei 2016-10-23

My vacation is almost finished.  Morning,  I went to Kakka Cultural Park to look for birds.  I did not find the bird named, Muller's Barbet (五色鳥), that I was looking for.  However, I saw the bird named, Japanese White-eye, that I was looking for last year.


After bird watching, I went to a bookstore called Kingstone (金石堂)  to check some books.  Kingstone was established in 1984.  Traditional bookstores in Taiwan were wall-to-wall bookshelves in parallel aisles.  Kingstone has more open design with "main route" and "sub-route" displays to attract customers.  I visit the bookstore every time I am in Taiwan.  There are so many cute stuff and books.  I had to run away. Otherwise, I would buy everything I saw.





Before I traveled to Taiwan, I researched on website and found a cafe called Minimal Cafe.  The Cafe is a cafe, also a place houses half-way cats.  I went Minimal Cafe for lunch.  It was packed.  The food was okay, but cats were cute.





















After lunch, I walked to the former residence of a renowned educator, Laing Shih-Chiu.  The residence is near the place that I stay in Taipei.







No comments:

Post a Comment